Create scheduling windows that differ from simulation duration
Session Step Time is the rate at which learners can schedule a session.
Sessions Step Time is not the same as Session Duration.
Session Duration is how long a simulation lasts.
Session Step Time is how frequently a group of learners can schedule.
For example, if kept at the default (30 Minutes), learners will see scheduling blocks in half-hour intervals: 12pm, 12:30pm, 1pm, and so on. If changed to 15 minutes, learners will see scheduling blocks for their session displayed in 15-minute intervals.
Setting the "Setting Session Length Step" is configurable at the project and client level
- To enable this feature, please contact your Client Support Manager
If you are enabling this as a Self-Service Client
- Log into the Portal as a Professional Services User.
- Go to the Project Page for the project you'd like to change the Session Time Step.
- Click Enable Session Time Step
- When you check the Enable Session Time Step box the Session time step field will appear.
- Set the interval (in number of minutes) you’d like to use for the project. If the time step is set to 15, learners can schedule a simulation every fifteen minutes.
Once you've made your selection, save your changes.